Fish cut into medium pieces– ½ kg
Kashmiri Red chilli powder – 1-2 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Onion thinly sliced – 1 medium
Finely chopped ginger – 2 tsp
Finely chopped garlic – 2 tsp
Kudam puli /Kokum– 2 3 nos,
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Mustard seed – ½ tsp
Fenugreek seed – ½ tsp
· Soak kudampuli in a ½ cup of hot water and keep it aside
· Heat oil in a pan adds mustard seed, when start to spluttering adds fenugreek seed and sliced onion and sauté till onion is transparent.
· Add ginger and garlic and fry few minutes.
· Add chilli powder, curry leaves and sauté for a second, careful keep heat at low.
· Add soaked kudampuli with the water and salt. Allow it to boil, and add fish pieces. Close the lid and cook till fish is done.
· Switch of flame and add little oil and curry leaves.
Have with Kappa Puzhukku…