Pappaya- 1 small or half of a medium
Garlic pods, chopped – 5-7 nos.
Ginger finely chopped – 2-3 tbsp.
Green chilli, chopped – 2-4 nos.
Mustard seed – 1 tsp.
Hing – a pinch
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Fenugreek seed – ¼ tsp.
Tamarind juice – 5-7 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 bsp
Jaggery powder – 3-4 tsp(optional)
· Remove skin of pappaya and choped into small cubes.
· Cook pappaya with turmeric powder,salt,enough water, when it’s done. And allow it to cool.
· Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed, when start to spluttering add garlic, ginger, green chilli,hing, fenugreek seed and sauté till garlic become lightly brown.
· Then add turmeric powder,chilli powder,curry leaves into this mixture. And mix well and sauté for 2 minutes. Take care,put heat on low flame, otherwise powder will burn.
· Add the cooked papaya with tamarind juice and mixwell and cook for 5 minutes.
· Add jaggery powder and mix well.
· Finally add 1 tbsp vinegar.
Enjoy with aloo parantha,methi parantha….