Yam sliced thinly 1 1/2" length pieces - 1 cup
Cucumber sliced thinly 11/2'' length pieces - 1 cup
Carrot sliced into 11/2'' length pieces - 1/4 up
Long beans cut into 11/2'' length - 1/2 cup
Green beans cut into 11/2" length - 1/2 cup
Drumstick cut into 2" length pieces - 2-3 nos,
Raw banana sliced thinly 11/2 cup length pieces - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Shallot - 2-3 nos.(You can use Onion 2- 3 slices)
Green chilli - 2-3 nos.
Cumin Seed - 1/4 tsp
Yogurt/Curd - 1 cup
Curry leaves - 2 strands
· Wash, cut vegetables. Cook with enough water, turmeric powder and salt till vegetables are done (if using pressure cook, cook for two whistles and immediately release the pressure)
· Coarsely grind coconut, green chilli, shallot, 1-2 curry leaves, cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
· Put the heat on lower flame, add curd/yogurt to cooked vegetables along with the coconut paste, 6-8 nos. curry leaves and mix well.
· Carefully, do not mash vegetables and remove from the flame after 4-5 minutes.
· Finally add oil to the top of avial.