Ripened Papaya /Kappalanga/Omakka– 1 mediumJaggery -1/2 kg
Coconut milk,Thick-1 cupGhee -5 tbsp
Sliced coconut-1 tbspKismis- 10-15
Cardamoom powder-1/2 tspCashews-10-20
· Cut and clean the papaya, and grind with a mixer to smooth paste.
· Take a pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee, add the papaya pulp, sauté for 20-25 minutes on medium heat.
· Melt jaggery with water and remove impurities, and add the jaggery syrup into the above papaya paste.
· Add cardamom powder, stir continuously on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
· Then add the coconut milk and stir well. When it start to boil switch off the flame.
· Take a pan, add ghee, sliced coconut, cashews, kismis and sauté till golden brown.
· Pour this mixture into payasam.
· Garnish with some chopped papaya pieces.