Fish – 250 (I used the tilapia fillet)
Red chilli powder (Kashmiri red chilli)- 1-2 tbsp
Tamarind Paste-3-5 tbsp
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Coconut grated-1/4 cup
Garlic pods- 4-6 medium
Ginger grated – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Oil- 2 tsp
· Clean the fish and cut into small pieces.
· Make a paste of red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger and tamarind paste.
· Take a pan (using clay pot is better ) and add the above paste with ½ cup water.
· When these mixture starts to boil add the fish and close the lid cook for medium heat.
· Meanwhile crush the grated coconut and garlic.
· Once fish is cooked open the lid, and add the crushed garlic coconut mixture.
· Cook for further 5-10 minutes without the lid, until gravy thickens.
· Add curry leaves and oil just before switch off stove.
Have with rice.