Pavakka (Bitter gourd)– 1 no. small
Coconut sliced – ½ cup (Thenga Kothu)
Garlic pods, chopped – 5-7 nos.
Green chilli, chopped – 2-4 nos.
Mustard seed – 1 tsp.
Hing – a pinch
Fenugreek seed – ¼ tsp.
Tamarind juice – 7-10 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 bsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Pickle powder- 1 tbsp(optional)
· Clean bitter gourd, scoop out seeds and cut into small pieces.
· Fry the bitter gourd pieces and coconut slices till golden brown and keep it aside.
· Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed, when start to spluttering add garlic,green chilli,fenugreek seedand sauté till garlic become lightly brown.
· Add turmeric powder,chilli powder ,pickle powder and sauted a while and add fried pavakka coconut into mixture.
· And mix well and add tamarind juice,salt and mix well.Switch off flame when it became desired consistency.
You Can use only coconut,or pavakka for making pickle. See Pavakka Pickle