Pavakka (Bitter gourd)– 2 no. medium size
Garlic pods, chopped – 5-7 nos.
Ginger finely chopped – 2-3 tbsp.
Green chilli, chopped – 2-4 nos.
Mustard seed – 1 tsp.
Hing – a pinch
Fenugreek seed – ¼ tsp.
Tamarind juice – 7-10 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 bsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Jaggery powder – 3-4 tsp
· Clean bitter gourd, scoop out seeds and cut into small pieces. Keep it aside.
· Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed, when start to spluttering add garlic, ginger, green chilli, fenugreek seed and sauté till garlic become lightly brown.
· Add hing,curry leves and chopped cut pavakka,salt and sauté till pavakka is little brown,it will take 20 minutes.Add more oil if want.
· Then add turmeric powder,chilli powder into this pavakka mixture.And mix well and sauté for 2 minutes.Take care,put heat on low flame, otherwise powder will burn.
· Then add tamarind juice,jaggery powder and mix well.
· Switch off flame when it became desired consistency.
Serve with rice,roti…
Sending this to kerala Kitchen