Vazhakoombu chopped – 1 no.
Grated coconut – ½ cup
Garlic – 4-6 pods
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Green chilli – 2 nos,
Mustard seed – ½ tsp
Dried red chilli -1 no,
Rice – 2tsp(optional)
· Chop the vazhakoombu nicely into water this will help to reduce its bitterness.
· Wash it thoroughly and drain the water.
· Grind coconut, turmeric, green chilli,garlic into coarse paste or to make 2-3 pulses.
· Add this paste into chopped vazhakoombu and mix well with hand.
· Heat a pan and splutter mustard seed, add curry leaves and red chilies.
· Then add vazha koombu coconut mix with salt, and cook low flame for 10-20 minutes in a closed pan ,stirring occasionally.
· Finally heat pan with little oil and put the rice into it and when rice start to spluttering switch off the heat and pour this into above thoran
· Serve with rice.