Rava/sooji/semolina - 2 cups
Warm water - 1 cup
Coconut scrapes - 1 cup
· Roast Rava on amedium heat for 10-15 minutes,stirring occationally.
· Remove rava from heat when it start to change color slightly.Allow it to cool
· Add salt to the roasted rava,sprinkle little water to the rava and start mixing it using your hands
· Repeat sprinkling water till the flour is wet.
· Take water in a puttu kudam and allow it to boil.
· Add 2 tbsp of coconut to the bottom of puttu kutty,then add rava till the middle of puttukutty,followed by coconut.Continue adding rava and add finally some coconut on the top.
· Place the puttu kutty on the top of puttukudam and allow it to steam.
· Cook for 5-10 minutes after steam comes out from puttukutty.
Serve hot with kadala curry,cherupayar curry,banana