Rice flour – 2 cups
Water -3 cups
Oil – 2 tsp
· Boil 3 cups of water. Add salt and oil.
· When start to boil, slowly add rice flour in the boiling water, consistently stirring so that lumps are not formed. After 2-3 minutes put off flame.
· When it is cooled, knead the dough to make soft.
· Add little of the dough to the idiyappam presser and close the lid.
· Grease idli plates with few drops of oil and squeeze the dough into idli plates in circular motions.
· Add some grated coconut on top.
· Steam 5-10 minutes. Serve with kadala curry or egg curry or other gravy.