All purpose flour – 1 cup
Mixed dry fruits – ½ cup
Butter - 3/4 cup
Eggs – 3
Cashew nuts – ¼ cups
All spices – 1 tbsp (powdered cardamom,cloves,cinnamon,nutmeg)
Sugar – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1tsp
vanilla extract – 1tsp
Salt – 1 pinch
· Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180C.
· Add 3 tbsp flour to the dry fruits and nuts and completely to coat it. This is so that they don't sink to the bottom of the batter while baking. Set aside.
· Mix the remaining flour and baking powder., spices, and salt until well combined.Sieve the flour 2-3 times is better.
· Beat the butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy - about 3-4 mins with an electric beater. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Next, add 1 egg and beat. Then add a bit of the flour mixture and fold. Likewise, alternate between the eggs and flour mixture until they are used up.
· Add the flour coated fruits and gently fold in. Pour batter into a greased cake pan and smooth the top.
· Bake for 30-40 mins until the top turns a dark brown and take a fork, a cocktail stick, a skewer or a toothpick. Use one of these items to poke the top of the cake slightly in the middle.