Green gram (Cherupayar) - 1cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cupGrated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Salt a pinch
· Wash and cook the Green gram by adding a pinch of salt. Make sure that they retain the shape and not get mushy.
· Heat up a heavy bottomed Pan. Add 2 tablespoon ghee and when it melts, add the jaggery with little water,then allow to melt and become a desired consistency.
· Now add the grated coconut and mix well. Add the cooked green gram. Heat it up for a couple of minutes, mixing well.
· When its start leaving the surface of the vessel remove from the stove. When cool, add the cardamom powder and mix well.
· Make a thick mixture with maida and a pinch of salt along with enough water.
· Heat oil in a pan. Dip each green gram balls in the maida mixture. Make sure that it is completely coated with the flour mixture.