Rice flour - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated coconut - 1 cup
· Take water in a vessel and let it boil. When it boils vigorously, add 2 tsp oil, a pinch of salt, the roasted rice flour and stir well.
· Keep stirring and once the water evaporates, take it off the stove.
· Let it cool down to a bearable temperature.Now knead the dough well, without any lumps.
· Add boiling water and salt to the rice flour and mix with a spoon first and then knead to a soft dough when it cools down a bit.
· For the filling: Powder the jaggery. Add coconut and mix well.Spread oil over your left palm.
· Take a small quantity of the kneaded dough. Make it into a lime-sized ball. Make hole in to it and fill it with stuffings.
· Seal the top nicely. Steam in the idly cooker. Do not take it out of the cooker when it is hot.
· It will break.Allow it to cool inside the cooker for sometime.