Rice Powder- 2 cups
Warm water - 1 cup
Coconut scrapes - 1 cup
· Roast rice powder on amedium heat for 10-15 minutes,stirring occationally.
· Remove rice from heat when the raw smell goes.Allow it to cool
· Combine salt with little water , sprinkle this to the powdered rice and start mixing it using your hands
· Repeat sprinkling water till the flour is wet.
· Take water in a puttu kudam and allow it to boil.
· Add 2 tbsp of coconut to the bottom of puttu kutty,then add rice powder till the middle of puttukutty,followed by coconut.Continue adding rice powder and add finally some coconut on the top.
Serve hot with kadala curry,cherupayar curry and pappadam