Potatoes - 2 medium
Chopped mixed vegetables - 1 cup (green peas, carrots, green beans)
Finely chopped green chilies – 2 nos.
Chopped ginger – 2 tbsp
All purpose flour (Maida) – 5 tbsp
Finely chopped Onion – 1 small (optional)
Breadcrumbs - 1 cup
Lemon juice – 2-4 tsp(optional)
- Steam the chopped mixed vegetables.
- Boiled the potatoes until they are tender.
- Once cooked, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down.
- Peel the skin off and mash the potatoes.
- Make sure to squeeze the vegetables to take the excess water out and Pat dry.To keep vegetables in a papper towel for 5- 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together; adjust salt and pepper to your taste.Add 4 tsp of lemon juice
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to the All Purpose flour to make a batter and keep aside.
- Heat a skillet until just hot and place a bread slice on it. Don't use any butter, oil, etc. Just dry-toast the bread slice on both sides until lightly browned.Grind this breads into a mixer for coarsley powder.
- Shape into flat round patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip each patty in the flour batter, and roll the patty in breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- Frying pan should have atleast 1 1/2 inch of oil.Check Oil is ready for frying.
- Fry a few cutlets at a time until they are golden-brown on both sides.
- Repeat this until all the cutlets are done. Serve hot.