Soya chunk- 1 cup
Onion cut into medium cubes-1/2 cup
Potato,cut into medium cubes-1medium
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Garlic pods-2-3 nos;
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tbsp
Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Whole Black pepper-5-7 nos; or use pepper powder ½ tsp
Chicken masala powder-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 strand
Coriander leaves for garnishing
· Soak soya chunks into the hot water for 30 minutes.
· Discard the water and squeeze the excess water off the soya chunk and keep it aside (I cut the soya chunks into two halves)
· Pressure cook soya chunks with salt , little water and keep it aside.
· Meanwhile roast the coconut, 2 tbsp onion, whole black pepper, garlic until coconut become brown in color.
· Finally add coriander powder, red chilli powder, chicken masala powder and roast for 1-2 minutes.
· Grind the above roasted coconut mixture with water and make a smooth paste.
· Heat oil in a pan and add onion and sauté till onion become transparent.
· Add the tomato, sauté for 2-3 minutes, and then add the potato cubes.
· Add the ground coconut paste into mixture and sauté for 2-4 minutes.
· Finally add the cooked soya chunks and close the lid, cook it for 5-10 minutes.
· Garnish with coriander, curry leaves.
Have with pulavu,chappati...