Fish Fillet/Fresh fish-1/2 kg
Onion, sliced-1 medium
Tomato, chopped-1 small
Ginger –Garlic,crushed-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tbsp
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp (I used fish masala powder)
Coconut slices(Thenga Kothu)-2 tbsp
Curry leaves-1 strand
Fennel seed-1/4 tsp
Rice flour- 1 cup
Cummin seed-1/2 tsp
For Fish Masala
· Clean and cut the fillet into small pieces. Keep it aside.
· Heat a pan with little oil and add fennel seed, add crushed ginger garlic sauté for 2 minutes.
· Add onion and sauté till transparent. Add chopped tomato sauté till it become mushy
· Add all powders and salt, curry leaves sauté for 2-4 minutes. And add coconut slices.
· Add the cut fishes along with little water. Cook till fishes are done. Switch off flame and keep it aside.
Making Pathiri Dough
· Roast the rice flour.
· Boil the water with 2-4 tsp. oil. Add salt, cumin seed.
· Add the rice flour slowly, stirring continuously.
· Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
· Take a plantain leaf (or you can use aluminum foil / Parchment Paper) and spread a small portion of dough into the shape of pathiri.
· Place fish masala on it.
· Place another pathiri spread on another plantain leaf/aluminum foil/Parchment paper on this masala sealed the edges with fork.
· Repeat the procedure for remaining dough and fish masala
· Steam them till done