Besan/gram flour – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
Well beaten curd/yogurt – 3/4 cup
Grated coconut – 4-7 tbsp(for garnishing)
Curry leaves- 1 strand
Mustard seed – 1/ 2 tsp
Dried red chilli - 1 nos,
· In a bowl mix gram flour, turmeric, salt, baking powder, baking soda, curd and water. Mix well.
· Make a smooth batter should be thick consistency. And set aside for 4-6 hours with tight lid.
· Pour this mixture into a greased pan and steam for 20-30 minutes. (I don’t have fitting pan. So I used the idly base and put some bananleaf over them and pour the batter into it and steam for 20-30 minutes. Or till done
· Cool for some time and cut into cubes.
· Heat oil in a pan adds mustard seed, curry leaves, dried red chilli and allow to splutter. Pour this over the dhoklas.
· Garnish with grated coconut….
· Serve with chutney…