Tomatoes – 4 nos.
Tamarind paste – 3-6 tbsp
Green chilli,chopped – 2-4 nos.
Chilli powder- 2-4 tsp
Mustard seed – 1tsp
Fenugreek seed – ½ tsp
Hing powder – 1/2 tsp
Jaggery powder - ½ tsp(optional)
Garlic chopped – 3-5 cloves
Ginger chopped – ½ tsp
- Wash the tomatoes and put tomatoes into boiling water for 5 -10 minutes ,then put the tomatoes into cold water and the skin of tomatoes are off. Then blend to a puree in the mixer. Set aside
- In a pan heat oil,add mustard seed,when mustard seed start to pop add fenugreek seed, hing powder along with chopped garlic and chopped ginger and sauted for a minutes.Carefull don’t burn.
- Add the tomato puree along with green chilli and cook till mushy, stirring in between.Once the tomato is done cooking, add salt and stir well.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.Now, add the chilli powder,tamarind paste and jaggery powder.
- Cook on a low-medium flame till the oil separates from the pickle on the sides. Stir in between, every once in 5 minutes.
- Once ready, the pickle should have the consistency of a semi-solid paste.