Raw rice/basmati rice - 1 cup
Parboiled rice – 1 cup
Urad dal – 1cup
Cooked rice – ¾ cup
· Soak raw rice,par boiled rice and urad dal for 5 to 8 hrs.
· Grind urad dal to a fine paste by adding ½ cup water.
· Coarse grind raw rice,par boiled rice,cooked rice with water so that it have small granules. Don’t make a fine paste.
· Mix it well with ground urad dal paste.
· Let the mixture sit for about 10 to 12 hrs in a warm place for fermentation. Add salt and mix.
· Grease idli molds with oil and then pour the batter.
· Cook in the steamer for about 15-20 min.
Serve with chutney or sambar