Ghee Rice Recipe
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Thinly Sliced onion-11/2 cup
Cinnamon-2 pieces of 1 inch stick
Ghee -5 -7 tbsp
Bay leaf-2 nos,
· Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
· Heat a 3 tbsp. of ghee; add cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom cloves sauté for 2-3 seconds
· Add drained rice to the pan and stir fry for 5-7 minutes, until rice start to popping. Add water to the pan along with salt and mix well. Bring to boil.
· Reduce heat to medium low and cover the pan with tight lid. Cook for around 10 minutes until the rice cooked and all water has been absorbed.
· Switch off stove and keep the rice covered another 8-10 minutes.
· Meanwhile heat 2 tbsp of ghee in another frying pan and add the cashews and raisin Sauté until cashews are lightly brown. Drain and keep aside.
· In the same pan add 5-10 tbsp. oil/ghee and fry the thinly sliced onion until golden brown color and crispy.
· Add half of the fried cashews, raisins and onion to the cooked rice and mix everything gently. Garnish rice with remaining cashews,raisins,onions.
Have with chicken curry
Varutharacha Kozhi Curry
Chicken – 1 lb.
Sliced Onion-1 cup;
Ginger grated-1 tsp
Garlic pods-3 nos;
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tbsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Coconut grated-1/2 cup
Fennel seed-a pinch
Curry leaves-1 strand
Green chilli-2-4 nos,slitted
· Cut the chicken into medium size pieces and wash well. Keep it aside
· Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan fry coconut with shallot, garlic pods, curry leaves, and fennel seed.
· When it turns brown add all powders and fry few seconds. Remove from fire and keep aside. When it is cool grind using little water into smooth paste.
· Mix the chicken, sliced onion, tomato, slitted green chilli,grated ginger and the ground paste and cook till done, by adding enough water.
Have with Ghee rice or rice,chapathi or naan