Pavakka/bitter guard - 1 big
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1 medium
Curry leaves - 2-3 nos.
Green chilli - 2-3 nos.
· Clean pavakka and remove the seed from inside. Cut into 11/2'' thin slices.
· Chop the onion 11/2" slices. Heat oil, put onion and sauté well till onion is transparent.
· When it became slightly transparent add redchilli powder, green chilli, turmeric powder,pavakka along with salt and water.
· Cook till done. Add little bit oil and cook for 10-20 minutes at low flame.
· Remove from heat and serve with rice