Kovakka/Tindora - 500 gm
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Green chilli - 2-3 nos,
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seed - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
Small onion (Shallot) - 4-6 nos.
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Dried red chilli - 1-2 nos,
Garlic pod - 4 small pods
· Clean kovakka and cut them into lengthwise Cut greenchilli lengthwise .
· Add kovakka,greenchilli,turmeric ,salt along with 1/2 glass of water into a vessel and allow it to cook.
· Mash coconut,red chilli powder,cumin seed,onion,curry leaves and garlic.
· Add mashed mixture into cooked kovakka.
· Heat oil in pan splutter mustard seed and add splitted red chilli.
· Add kovakka mixture to the pan and cook for further 5-15 minutes.