Sardine (Mathi)- ½ kg
Gooseberry Powder– 4 tsp (you have dried gooseberry, just soak in hot water for 20– 30 minutes and grind into smooth paste)
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Tomato,chopped – 2 nos,medium
Green chilli – 2-3 nos,
Garlic cloves – 8-10 pods
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Cumin seed – ½ tsp
Fenugreek seed – ½ tsp
· Wash and cut mathi/sardine, and drain the water well and keep it aside
· Take a non-stick pot(better to use clay pot, but I don’t have clay pot).
· Make a smooth paste of ginger and garlic.
· Add all powders, ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes, slitted green chilli and salt into the pot and add 1/2 cup of water.
· Allow this mixture to boil and become thick consistency, add the washed mathi/sardine
· Cook till sardine cooked well and become thick gravy mixture.
· Take a pan and add cumin seed and fenugreek seed and roast for 2-3 minutes and make a powder.
· Finally add this powder, curry leaves and some oil on the top of cooked sardine/mathi.
· Take off from stove and have with rice….
Sending this to CC-Dish for your loved Ones, The Kerala Kitchen