Besan/Gram flour – ½ cup
All-purpose flour – ¼ cup
Rice flour – 5 tbsp
Potato -2-3 medium
Onion – 1 medium
Green chilli chopped – 1 nos,
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp(optional)
Ginger chopped – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seed – ½ tsp
Urad dal – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Coriander leaves chopped – 4 tbsp
Oil for frying
· Boil the potato keep it aside.
· Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seed, when start to spluttering adds urad dal sauté until urad dal become brown in color.
· Add onion,ginger,choppe green chilli,curry leaves and fry for a 5-10 minutes.
· Add turmeric powder, coriander powder,chilli powder,garam masala powder and sauté for a while.
· Add the mashed potato and mix well with masala, let it cool.
· Meanwhile make the batter, add gram flour, rice flour and all – purpose flour, little salt and the water. Batter should be medium thick consistency.
· Make a smooth round shape.
· Heat oil in a pan for frying the balls
· Dip the potato balls and fry they are become golden brown.
· Serve with chutney, tomato ketchup.