Ripe jack fruit – 20 nos,
Coconut milk – 2 cup
Jaggery- 1 cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Cashews – 6-10 nos,
Coconut pieces – 1 tbsp
Salt – a pinch
· Chop the jack fruit into small pieces and make a fine paste.I used canned jackfruits,drained the water and use jackfruit pieces.
· In a pan take 2 tbsp. of ghee and pour the jack fruit paste into this pan and sauté continuously till the puree become too thick.
· In a pan boil jiggery with ¼ cup water till jaggery melts.
· Transfer the jiggery syrup to the cooked jackfruit and again boil it for 10-20 minutes.
· Then add coconut milk to it and stire continuously till the payasam become the thick consistency.Add a pich of salt to the payasam.
· Take the pradhaman off and add cardamom powder. Fry coconut pieces in ghee until it become brown then add cashews and sated till cashews are brown. Add them into pradhaman as well.
· Pradhaman is ready to serve.