Diced Yam/Suran - 1 cup
Diced Raw Plantain - 1 cup
Black Chickpeas (kadala) - 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder - 11/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Thinly sliced coconut - 2 tbsp(can use 3 tbsp grated coconut)
Cumin seed - 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilli - 2 -3 nos,splitted
Curry leaves - 2-3 strands
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
· Soak chickpeas in water overnight or soak at least 6-8 hours.
· Cut yam and plantains into small cubes.
· Pressure cook chickpeas by adding water and little salt for about 4-5 whistles
· Cook yam and plantain by adding water,salt,turmeric powder,chilli powder,pepper powder .Use just enough water(Cook for 1-2 whistles)
· Meantime grind coconut,cumin seed,green chilli, 2-3 curry leaves by adding little water.
· Mix ground coconut paste, cooked yam, plantain and cooked chickpeas, cook for another 10-15 minutes.
· Take a pan and 2 tbsp oil, add the mustard seed ,when start to spluttering add the coconut slices and splited red chilli and sauté till the coconut become brown.
· Pour brown coconut slices into cooked kootucurry and mix well