Kallumekkaya Masala (Mussel Masala)
Kallummekkaya/ Mussels- ½ cup
Onion (thinly sliced) – 1medium
Green Chilli- 3 nos.
Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
Tomato sliced- 1/2 nos,
Chilli powder- 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
Thenga kothu – 3-6 tbsp(optional)
· Splutter mustard seed with little curry leaves and then put sliced onion.Saute till it becomes light brown and then add green chilli,ginger garlic paste.Saute for 5- 7 minutes
· Add tomato and cook till the tomatoes are become mushy.
· Then add all powders and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
· Add mussles for the above mixture and add ¼ cup water . Add salt. Stir and continue to simmer about 10-30 minutes or until the masala is dry.( if mussles are already cooked it will take only 10 minutes).
· Garnish it with some curry leaves and thenga kothu