Butter Peas-250 gm. (I used Frozen)
Onion, chopped -1/2 cup
Tomato, chopped-1 medium
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Garlic pods-2-3 nos;
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tbsp
Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
Mustard seed-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 strand
Coriander leaves for garnishing
· Pressure cook butter peas with salt,turmeric powder with little water and keep it aside.
· Meanwhile roast the coconut, 2 tbsp onion, garlic until coconut become brown in color.
· Finally add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and roast for 1-2 minutes. Grind the above roasted coconut mixture with water and make a smooth paste.
· Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seed,when start to spluttering add onion and sauté till onion become transparent.
· Add the tomato, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
· Add the ground coconut paste into mixture and sauté for 2-4 minutes.
· Finally add the cooked butter peas and close the lid, cook it for 5-10 minutes.
· Garnish with coriander, curry leaves.
Have with rice,rotti etc